Thursday, July 10, 2008

Last-minute preview

Believe it or not (and I'm telling this more to myself than anybody else) there are more storylines to tonight's Galaxy-Chivas USA match than what was said last time around.

After all, the game is for first place.


I wrote this preview for MLSnet.com. Originally, I was going to write the story I wrote for the PE for MLSnet.com but when the PE wanted me to write an advance on the match, it really was a no-brainer in terms of who to write that story for.

But as I said, there are other storylines. First place is on the line, and although one team could win tonight's game and then lose their next two games and find themselves back in fourth place or something, it is what it is. Right now.

Actually, I wrote part of my Tuesday PE column on the whole first-place angle, to kind of mention it at least because I knew I wasn't going to touch on that at all in my story for Thursday.


No comments: