Thursday, May 29, 2008

Brad's in

Brad Guzan will be with the US on Wednesday for the game against Spain but he will be in town as Chivas USA hosts Columbus on Saturday. Guzan played the last half of Wednesday's 2-0 loss to England and gave up a goal to Steven Gerrard.

If Guzan is gone next week, backup goalkeeper Dan Kennedy will get the nod. Dan actually has a very interesting story and I've been waiting to write a feature on him, so if he will start on Thursday in New York, look for a story on him.

2 comments:

CACuzcatlan said...

I was wondering why Bradley didn't even put Guzan in for a few minutes in every international knowing that he needs as many caps as possible to help secure that UK work permit.

L.B. said...

Yeah, I was certain he would have played against Mexico because of that but no. Then he gets hurt and missed the Poland game but I doubt he would have played. I didn't expect him to play against England. I actually thought Bradley would have sent him out for 90 minutes against either Spain or Argentina. We'll see if that happens or if Bradley thinks Guzan is better off playing a half at a time.