Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday night lights

I returned to my journalism roots on Friday. The high school football season got underway and I covered a game. Citrus Hill HS thumped Desert Mirage HS by 52-0. The game was over by the end of the first quarter as Citrus Hill rolled up 21 points on the kids from the desert.

Every season, I debate whether or not to cover prep football, and every season I find myself pacing the sidelines taking stats and busting my butt for three-plus hours. But I've been doing it for so long it's old hat by now. The first thing I ever covered was a prep football game, way back in 1997.

Whenever I cover a non-soccer event, I usually try and represent soccer, MLS if I can, so I wore a Galaxy t-shirt to the game. I wonder if anyone noticed.

1 comment:

A.C. said...

That's thoughtful. I wonder if any MLS players do that. Or maybe they feel cheesy wearing their team's t-shirt in civilian life.