Friday, June 8, 2007

Random US Guat quotes

Hernan Dario Gomez: "I'd have rather played 11 versus 11. The U.S. closed the game once they lost their man. We were playing better and had more space when they had 11 players."

"Guatemala did not lose concentration while a man up. We began with concentration and we finishing concentrated. We played with character. We made a few mistakes that allowed them to get only a few chances."

Jay DeMerit, on the U.S. performance Thursday versus in March against Guatemala.

"I thought we got forward a lot more. We took our first goal, which was great. Unfortunately we couldn’t take our second or third, but one’s enough."

Carlos Ruiz on trade rumors:

"I talked with my coach and everything is ok, so I don’t have any problem going back to Dallas after the Gold Cup."


"Everything that I know is that Sigi called Steve to make a trade. But I never talked to Frank Yallop or LA, so I don’t know if that’s true."


Benny Feilhaber on what his tattoo (through adversity, to the stars - written in Latin) reminds him of:

"You think about that, when things aren’t going so good. Right now, things are going great, so I don’t need to remind myself so much. But when things are a little bit down, then you obviously think about it a little bit more."

Landon Donovan

"The most important thing was scoring the goal and from there, it’s to win the game."

Taylor Twellman:

"I don't think I ever had a problem with confidence with the national team. I'm very confident; I just wasn't getting that much time. I feel more comfortable now and I hope to keep getting chances with the national team under Bob."

No comments: