Monday, May 14, 2007

Light crowd likely

How can you be at two places at once? That's the riddle that will probably face some Chivas USA fans.

Chivas USA will play the Galaxy at Home Depot Center at 2 p.m. on Sunday.

Chivas de Guadalajara will play America in Estadio Jalisco at 4 p.m. (6 p.m. GDL time) on Sunday.

It's not possible to do both. Hell, it's not possible to do the first in person and the second on television comfortably. Since the Chivas USA-Galaxy game is on television (Telefutura, Prime Ticket), expect many to take both games in on TV.

If I was fan of both, I'd probably just stay home and watch them on TV. Hell, I'd have some friends over, fire up the grill, get some carne asada going at around 12 or 1 p.m., have it ready for the start of the Chivas USA-Galaxy game, take that one in and then get a second helping at the start of the Chivas-America game with a 30-pack of Tecate in the cooler and an 18-pack of Bud Light on standby.

Damn, that's not a bad idea. Uh... I might call in sick on Sunday...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go to the HDC. Watch the ChivasUSA-Galaxy game live and then stay to watch the second-leg of Chivas-America game on the big screen.

Its two Clásicos for the price of one.

Tickets are disappearing fast, so call 1-877-XXXXXX-X or visit www.cdchivasusa.com to get yours today!

-- Chivas USA PR

J.S. said...

Light crowd? As opposed to what? A kind of light crowd. Chivas will lose again and nobody will care because the "real" Chivas play America. Nice job PR guy, looking forward to that beach towel promo. I predict there will be more towels than fans.
Ironically, I"LL BE GOING BECAUSE
I HATE LA GALAXY.

Anonymous said...

Ugh...I'd like to think there are more chivas usa fans out there that don't necessarily like chivas guad..I'm one of them. If it's anything to you,J.S., someone told me they opened up the grass seating at HDC.